Washington Undergraduate Online

For distance learning students residing in the state of Washington.

"Hope International University is authorized by the Washington Student Achievement Council and meets the requirements and minimum educational standards established for degree-granting institutions under the Degree-Granting Institutions Act. This authorization is subject to periodic review and authorizes Hope International University to offer field placement components for specific degree programs. The Council may be contacted for a list of currently authorized programs. Authorization by the Council does not carry with it an endorsement by the Council of the institution or its programs. Any person desiring information about the requirements of the Act or the applicability of those requirements to the institution may contact the Council at P.O. Box 43430, Olympia, WA 98504-3430 or by email at [email protected]."

"The transferability of credits earned at Hope International University is at the discretion of the receiving college, university, or other educational institution. Students considering transferring to any institution should not assume that credits earned in any program of study at Hope International University will be accepted by the receiving institution. Similarly, the ability of a degree, certificate, diploma, or other academic credential earned at Hope International University to satisfy an admission requirement of another institution is at the discretion of the receiving institution. Accreditation does not guarantee credentials or credits earned at Hope International University will be accepted by or transferred to another institution. To minimize the risk of having to repeat coursework, students should contact the receiving institution in advance for evaluation and determination of transferability of credits and/or acceptability of degrees, diplomas, or certificates earned."

"The Washington Student Achievement Council (WSAC) has authority to investigate student complaints against specific schools. WSAC may not be able to investigate every student complaint. Visit http://www.wsac.wa.gov/student-complaints for information regarding the WSAC complaint process."


"For Washington State residents seeking information and resources about student loan repayment or seeking to submit a complaint relating to your student loans or student loan servicer, please visit www.wsac.wa.gov/loan-advocacy or contact the Student Loan Advocate at [email protected]."


For degree programs with field placement components in the state of Washington, please be advised that it is the responsibility of each student to secure a site for field placements. However, all students receive coaching from their professor with how to determine a suitable site. Please consult with your professor for guidance with this process.


Hope International University is approved by the Board of Behavioral Sciences and is listed as meeting the LPCC licensure requirements, pursuant to California Business and Professions Code (BPC) §4999.33. For more information on Associate Professional Clinical Counselor (APCC) and Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor (LPCC) applicants, please visit: http://bbs.ca.gov/applicants/lpcc.html

HIU's Master of Science in Counseling with Emphasis in Marriage and Family Therapy (MSC) provides a sequence of courses and supervised clinical training intended to assist professionals in meeting the educational requirements for licensure as a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor (LPCC) in California. LPCC requirements vary by state. While in the MSC program, students will work individually with their academic advisor to plan their curriculum to meet the criteria for the specific state(s) where they intend to practice. Portability of the degree for licensure is determined by each state. Therefore, if one plans to move to another state and practice there, working closely with the program is imperative. Graduation from this program does not automatically guarantee licensure in other states.


"Eligibility for initial educator certification in Washington is based on completion of a state approved educator preparation program. This program is approved in California. Even though you may be residing in Washington while in this program, your application for educator certification in Washington will be processed as an out-of-state application. Go to http://pathway.pesb.wa.gov/outofstate for more information. Educators are advised to contact their individual school districts as to whether this program may qualify for educator advancement."